Tips for the environment
You can support an ADD-er by helping to:
- Finding healthy, attainable goals.
- Learning to understand how the thought stream of a non-ADD-er works.
- Learning to understand how the thought stream of a ADD-ers works.
- Applicate such a structure that hiding ADD is no longer necessary.
- Setting up an organized household and administration.
- Learn to understand the brain functions and their influence on behavior.
- Finding detours and solutions for personal related issues.
- Learn to realize that ADD also have benefits. Many ADD-ers are for example autodidact.
- Provide encouragement.
- Provide emotional support and a listening ear after a diagnosis.
- Learning to prioritize, respecting to a concentration problem.
- The search for healthy addictions and dopamine-enhancing activities.
- Ensuring that the ADD-er regularly takes time for him/herself.
- Working on the confidence.
- To (help) learn to recognize how much the ADD-er as an individual can handle.
- Helping ensure that limits are not exceeded.
source: Karin Windt-2006